As one of the most popular destinations in Asia, Hong Kong attracts millions of visitors each year with its breathtaking skyline, pristine beaches, and rich cultural heritage. With so many people flocking to Hong Kong each year, it’s easy to miss out on some of the best activities and sites around the city if you don’t know where to look or what to do. To make sure you get the most out of your trip to Hong Kong and have plenty of time to explore, check out this list of things you need to know about planning a trip to Hong Kong!
Things you shouldn’t miss
-The markets: From Jade Market to Temple Street Night Market, hong kong is full of interesting places to bargain for souvenirs.
-The food: From Cantonese dim sum to egg tarts, there are endless delicious options to try in hong kong.
-The skyline: Hong Kong’s skyline is one of the most recognizable in the world, and it’s definitely worth seeing in person.
-Victoria Peak: Take a ride on the historic Peak Tram for some of the best views of hong kong city.
-Big Buddha: This massive bronze statue is one of the most popular tourist attractions in hong kong.
Tips for getting around
If you’re planning on spending any time in Hong Kong, it’s important to know a few things about getting around. The first thing to know is that the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) is the most efficient way to get around. It’s clean, safe, and reasonably priced. Taxis are also available, but they can be expensive. If you’re on a budget, consider taking the bus. Keep in mind that traffic can be congested, so allow yourself plenty of time to get where you’re going. When crossing the street, look both ways and be aware of your surroundings. Finally, remember that hong kong holidays can be crowded, so plan accordingly and be prepared for large crowds.
Helpful tips for your stay
- Make sure to get a travel visa well in advance of your trip.
- Book your flight and accommodation as early as possible to get the best deals.
- Familiarize yourself with hong kong city’s public transportation system before you go.
- Bring plenty of cash, as credit cards are not widely accepted in Hong Kong.
- Learn some basic Cantonese phrases before you go, as English is not widely spoken in Hong Kong.
- Dress conservatively and be respectful of local customs and traditions.
- Finally, make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Must-try places in Hong Kong
If you’re looking for great food, you’ll definitely want to check out the Michelin-starred restaurants in Hong Kong. For some authentic local flavor, head to the street markets where you can try everything from Cantonese dim sum to fresh seafood. And of course, no trip to Hong Kong would be complete without taking in the stunning views from Victoria Peak.
When it comes to getting around, the MTR is definitely the most efficient way to get around hong kong city. But if you want to really see the city, hop on one of the iconic red trams. And don’t forget to take a ride on the Star Ferry for some truly spectacular views of Hong Kong’s skyline.
Before you go
- First, check the visa requirements for your country of citizenship. If you need a visa, apply for it well in advance of your trip.
- Next, book your flights and accommodation. Hong Kong is served by many international airlines, so finding a flight should be relatively easy.
- Once you have your flights and accommodation sorted, start thinking about what you want to do while you’re in Hong Kong. There are plenty of things to see and do, so make sure to do some research in advance.
- If you’re planning on doing any shopping while you’re in Hong Kong, be aware that prices can be quite high. However, there are often good deals to be found if you know where to look.